Find Chronic Pain Relief with Alternative Pain Management
While some view massage therapy simply as a luxurious form of relaxation, others find it to be a crucial form of chronic pain relief. Texas Pain Relief Group is pleased to offer massage therapy as an alternative pain management option at our Dallas-Fort Worth area treatment centers.
Many do not realize that a massage is an ideal method of alternative pain management, especially when compared to taking strong prescription painkillers that could have serious side effects. Massage and spinal cord stimulation used for therapeutic purposes both offer numerous benefits, including:
What is Alternative Pain Management?
Alternative pain management can be defined as a medical treatment, therapy, or intervention that exists outside the realm of conventional medical practices. Some popular examples of alternative therapies and non-pharmacological treatments include:
- Improved Blood Circulation: Patients with poor blood circulation can suffer from chronically cold hands and feet, general aches and pains, and persistent fatigue due to lactic acid that accumulates in the muscles. During a massage, the pressure exerted by the therapist breaks through the build-up of lactic acid and improve blood flow throughout the body, resulting in reduced pain and heightened comfort
- Joint Pain Management: Arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other types of chronic medical conditions can cause painful swelling of the joints. Regular massage therapy for pain relief helps to reduce muscle spasms caused by joint pain. Additionally, it assists in improving the body’s natural ability to produce endorphins, which assist in the body’s natural process of reducing pain.
- Lowered Blood Pressure: A number of factors can cause high blood pressure, including obesity, a health condition, and a stressful environment. According to the American Massage Therapy Association, trigger point massage therapy can significantly decrease heart rate, diastolic blood pressure, and systolic blood pressure.
- Muscle Pain Relief: Spinal cord stimulation and other types of deep massage help to work the tension out of sore muscles. The pressure causes the muscles to relax, which may prevent the recurrence of muscle pain and tension in the future. Patients with chronic lower back pain, neck and shoulder tension, and knee pain can benefit from regular massage.
- Stress Reduction: Many patients carry the tension that is caused by stress within their upper back and neck. Because massage promotes relaxation, it is an excellent technique to reduce ongoing patient stress. Regular massage therapy allows people to feel calmer and respond better to the stress in their lives without tension or chronic pain. In addition to maintaining a healthy diet and active lifestyle, massage therapy is an excellent form of stress management, allowing patients to reduce the long-term effects of daily stress.