Getting a Yearly Physical is Vital
If you’re over 40, but really if you’re an adult male of any age, a well man (or well-man or well male) exam can really tell you a lot about the state of your health. It can also give you a head’s up to potential problems you may currently have, or that may come along down the road. The idea behind preventative medicine and tests like these is to stop any medical conditions before they have a chance to start.
What to Expect at a Well Man Exam
- Head & neck. The doctor will examine your throat, tonsils, teeth, gums, ears, nose, sinuses, eyes…basically everything in and on your head and neck.
- Abdominal. The doctor will check for bowel irregularities, liver size, muscle tenderness and other issues.
- Neurological. The doctor will examine your nerves, reflexes, and balance.
- Dermatological. The doctor will look over your skin for abnormal moles, discoloration, rashes and anything else that may indicate a potential disorder.
- Extremities. The doctor will test your joints, muscles and check your pulse for proper blood flow throughout the arms and legs.
- Penis. The doctor will look for signs of an STI (sexually transmitted infection) such as warts, rashes or ulcers on the penis.
- Testicles. The doctor will check the testicles for lumps, tenderness, and changes in size.
- Hernia. The doctor will look for weakness in the abdominal wall between the intestines and scrotum.
- Prostate. The doctor will insert a finger in the rectum to determine the size and status of the prostate.
Well Man Exams in Tampa
The doctors and specialists at Florida Primary Care Clinics in Tampa are standing by for your Well Man exam today. Don’t put your health on the backburner, call or contact us today to schedule an appointment to come in.